The Golnit non-absorbable Polytetrafluoroethylene suture (“PTFE suture”) is a non-absorbable, sterile surgical monofilament suture composed of 100% polytetrafluoroethylene thread crimped or swaged to a high grade stainless steel needle. The suture is without any dyes and contains no additives. The Golnit non-absorbable PTFE suture is supplied sterile in various lengths and diameters and attached to a needle. The Golnit PTFE suture is soft and supple. These characteristics allow for minimal irritation caused by knots. The suture is also bio-inert and fosters a benign tissue response.
Thanks to being completely non-absorbable and biologically inert, these sutures cause minimal inflammatory response in the moist environment of the oral cavity.
Golnit PTFE sutures are an excellent choice for any periodontal, bone graft or implant surgery.
- Dental bone grafting
- Soft tissue grafting
- Implant surgery
- Periodontal surgery
- Ridge augmentation
- Guided tissue regeneration (GTR)
- Completely non-absorbable, 100% pure PTFE
- Monofilament; prevents bacterial wicking
- Biologically inert and chemically non-reactive
- High tensile strength; does not weaken when moistened
- Decreased inflammation and faster wound repair
- Soft; comfortable for patients
- Great handling properties and knot security
- USP size: 4/0
- Needle size: 16 mm
- Needle type: reverse cutting
- Needle curvature: 3/8 of a circle
- PTFE suture length: 18 inches
- 1 box = 12 sutures