Cryopreserved Liquid Amnion (1.0ml)
Targeted healing right where you need it.
*** Our Validated Dry Vapor shipper holds for 21 days with 3 opens per day. ($150 ). Single Unit Overnight Ship ($90)
Cryopreserved allograft derived from human amninioticotic fluid.
Amniotic fluid is a versatile, powerful tissue which supports the development of the fetus in utero. The properties of amniotic fluid which benefit the fetus also make it an effective material for covering wounds, while at the same time contributing to an environment conducive to the regeneration of healthy tissue.
Allogenic human birth tissue, including amniotic fluid, have an established record of use in a variety of surgical and clinical settings. Published literature suggests that amniotic fluid may contain important growth factors, extracellular matrix molecules, hyaluronic acid, fibronectin, laminin, prostaglandins, and cells.
Benefits of amniotic fluid may include:
- A safe, natural covering for wounds
- Inhibiting influence of inflammation
- Reduced fibrosis, scarring, and adhesion at the surgical site
Intended for topical application as a covering over wounds or areas of localized inflammation.
Birth tissue are recovered during planned Cesarean sections and processed aseptically in a manner to preserve the graft’s inherent properties.
- Placental donors go through a rigorous pre-screening qualification and are tested according to FDA guidelines for infectious disease.
- Collection of the donor tissue is performed during planned Cesarean section delivery by appropriately licensed personnel.
- Processed in accordance with the standards and guidelines established by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB)
Handling & Storage Guidelines
- Our Validated Dry Vapor shipper holds for 21 days with 3 opens per day.
- Store at -70C or colder. Thaw only prior to use
- Allow product to thaw by standing at room temperature and apply directly to the injury, would, or are of inflammation
- See instructions for use for a more detailed description.
How it Works
It is 100% human HA. Hyaluronan from human amniotic fluid is immune privileged as it lacks MHC antigens (so it does not elicit an inflammatory immune response).
The components of amniotic fluid are very similar to healthy, native human synovial fluid. Both amniotic fluid and synovial fluid are ultrafiltrates from blood plasma and contain hyaluronan as well as phospholipids, cholesterol, growth factor proteins, cytokines and nearly the same inorganic compounds.
It restores correct pH levels. Human amniotic fluid has a pH level of about 7.0; the same as healthy synovial fluid. Osteoarthritis tends to create an acidic, toxic environment in the knee that causes pH levels to fall, typically, to about 3.5. Human amniotic viscosupplementation restores healthy pH levels which, in turn, create conditions that allow the patient’s own synovium to recover and – potentially – slow or even halt progression of the disease.