Demineralized Sponge Allograft Strip (10x7x7)
Our DBM Sponge Strip sized at 10x7x7 is a unique graft material derived from trabecular bone that has compressible and elastic sponge-like properties. Our demineralization process revolutionizes the handling properties of bone while maintaining natural growth factors.
- Soft and pliable for easy manipulation
- Doesn’t typically require screw or pin fixation
- Won’t perforate soft tissue and cause exposure-related complication
- Horizontal Ridge Augmentations
- Vertical Ridge Augmentations
- Extraction sockets
- Periodontal defects
- In conjunction with the placement of dental implants
Demineralized bone matrices are prepared by acid extraction of allograft bone, resulting in a loss of the majority of the mineralized components with retention of collagen and the noncollagenous proteins, including growth factors. The efficacy of a demineralized bone matrix (DBM) as a bone-graft substitute or extender may be related to the total amount of bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) present, and the ratios of the different BMPs present. BMPs belong to the transforming growth factor (TGF) superfamily of proteins.