OsseoConduct Macro Granules 1.0-2.0mm [.5cc] - 5/Pack
Standard Granule size: 1000-2000 microns
Packet volume: .5 cc Each order contains 5 packets.
OsseoConduct™ TCP is a synthetic, micro-porous, biocompatible beta tricalcium bone grafting material intended for use as a general bone grafting material. OsseoConduct™ granules maintain graft site volume and are resorbed and replaced with normal bone in 4-6 months.
Unlike its predecessors, this 3rd generation TCP contains micro-pores rather than macro-pores. Recent studies concluded that macro-pores allowed for bacteria to become entrapped, causing bacterial colonization resulting in graft failure. As a matrix for cell adhesion and proliferation in combination with cell mediated resorption, OsseoConduct™ produces normal bone in a short time period.
As a clinician driven company, STEINERBIO developed OsseoConduct™ to meet the following criteria:
- Not elicit an inflammatory response
- Have no potential for disease transmission
- Maintain volume as it is being resorbed and new bone is formed
- Produce bone with normal form and function
- Be significantly resorbed in 3 months
- Be able to handle reasonable load in order to resist deformation during the remodeling phase
- Be cost effective for the patient and practitioner
- Allow ease of application
- Be designed to prevent bacterial colonization
- Systemic antibiotics after grafting with precise post op patient instructions is strongly recommended.
Studies Confirm TCP Is Equal To Or Better than Both Autografts & Allografts
“Modern beta tricalcium phosphate bone grafts perform as well or better than allografts or autografts. The negatives of autograft morbidity and cadaver harvesting makes high performing TCP a superior choice.”
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017 Apr
STEINERBIO claims that if these are not the best performing bone grafts you have used, your purchase will be refunded.