Omnia Spa - Suture PTFE 6/0 Reverse Cutting 1/2 circle 12/bx
PTFE Sutures Main Features and Benefits
- HS sharp tip, reverse cutting, needle. Available in 3.0, 4.0, 5.0
- Nonresorbable: Keeps the surgical site reliably closed
- Monofilament Construction: Eliminates bacterial wicking
- Excellent Soft Tissue Response: PTFE suture's unique softness and smoothness enables it to go through soft tissues minimizing micro- damage reaction around tissue duct, which prevents from bacterial colonization in deeper layers of the wound.
- Biologically inert and chemically non-reactive: 100% Medical Grade PTFE
- Promotes Wound Healing: In contrast to braided sutures, especially those made from absorbable materials, PTFE does not absorb blood, saliva, bacteria and food residues. This promotes wound healing.
- Not subject to weakening by tissue enzymes: Despite its soft and delicate nature, PTFE firmly supports tissues during the whole healing process, in contrast to absorbable materials which maintain tissues only in the early stages of healing due to the presence of enzymes in the mouth.
- Little or no package memory: soft handling and knots securely. The thread does not retain the coiled shape after unpacking, which makes it easier to work with.
- Great fluency among tissues
- Comfortable and soft for the patient: not stiff like most monofilaments. The surgical knot made with a PTFE suture is durable and does not loosen. The ends of the suture do not cause irritation of the cheek, lips and tongue, unlike suture materials based on various monofilament fibres, which additionally may contribute to the formation of viral changes on mucous membrane.
- High tensile strength: does not weaken when moistened
Watch Dr. Salama discuss Omnia PTFE Sutures
PTFE Suture Applications
PTFE sutures thanks to being completely non-absorbable and biologically inert, cause minimal inflammatory response in the moist environment of the oral cavity, that’s why they are an excellent choice for any:
- Bone grafting procedures
- Soft tissue grafting
- Guided tissue regeneration
- Implant surgery
- Periodontal surgery
- Ridge aumentation
About Omnia PTFE Sutures
PTFE Suture, is a non-resorbable PTFE Monofilament Suture, is manufactured from pure, 100% polytetrafluoroethylene, and is designed specifically for oral surgery.
PTFE is a unique biomaterial in that it is inert and chemically non-reactive. In addition, the monofilament construction prevents bacterial wicking which is associated with braided sutures. Therefore, Omnia PTFE sutures are ideal for any implant, periodontal and bone graft surgery where the usage of a monofilament suture with low bacterial adhesion is recommended.
Unlike other synthetic monofilament sutures, such as nylon, the material is supple and well tolerated in the mouth. The handling, knot-tying, and knot-holding characteristics of our PTFE suture are excellent as well.
Further, PTFE sutures are ideal to limit inflammation, bleeding and other collateral effects which may occur during the soft tissue approximation.
HS Sharp Tip, Reverse Cutting Needles
The HS needle is also known as "triangular" or "reverse cutting" needle, since it has cutting edges on the sides and outer curve. Due to its cutting edges, this needle easily penetrates tissues and is suitable for almost all uses. It provides and excellent penetration capacity and great solidity.