OsteoGen® Bioactive Resorbable Calcium Apatite Graft (3.0g/6.0cc)
OsteoGen® Synthetic Bioactive Resorbable crystals and crystal clusters in 300 to 400μ are osteoconductive, highly hydrophilic, resorbable, synthetically-derived non-ceramic form of hydroxylapatite, the major mineral component of bone and dental enamel. OsteoGen®, [Ca5(PO4)3(OH)] is used for the augmentation and repair in periodontal and oralmaxillofacial bone defects.
OsteoGen® is a highly crystalline pure material, comparable to natural bone by its physiochemical properties, with NO α/β tricalcium phosphates, amorphous phases, or bone-inhibiting pyro-phosphates found in ceramic HA which is devoid of the hydroxyl group.
Controlled manufacturing produces bone grafting crystals of nearly perfectly-formed clusters bound to a single nucleus and relatively hexagonal-shaped crystals. These clusters intertwine to each other for greater porosity to form a 360º lattice mechanism for the host cell proliferation and integration.
OsteoGen® is an osteoconductive material in that the highly porous crystalline clusters act as a slowly-resorbing matrix permitting the infiltration of bone-forming cells and the subsequent deposition of host bone. OsteoGen® non-ceramic crystal clusters are highly hydrophilic, allowing the material to readily absorb medullary blood and migration or material loss is greatly reduced by controlling excessive bleeding with gauze.
By x-ray diffraction, OsteoGen® has been shown to meet and exceed ASTM standards and specifications. OsteoGen® bone graft by dental x-ray will show as radiolucent the day of placement in defect sites. Four to six months later, the defect site will be radiopaque depending on vascularity, patient’s age and quantity of product delivered. In many animal and clinical studies, OsteoGen® has been shown to control migration of connective tissue.
Preparation is simple and delivery is easily accomplished with conventional instrumentation or syringe in a sandy consistency. Compact product well at defect site.
- Highly crystalline osteoconductive bioactive and resorbable calcium apatite bone graft
- Radiolucent on day of surgery – Radiopaque in 4-6 months
- Calcium Phosphate based bone graft that is NOT a β-TCP and NOT a dense ceramic HA, nor is it a biphasic mixture of the two. OsteoGen has a unique Ca:P ratio that mimics the composition of human bone
- Non-Ceramic highly porous crystals physicochemically similar to trabecular bone
- OsteoGen® has a unique crystal cluster structure that is highly hydrophilic leading to the immediate absorption of blood flow and cellular proliferation – a feature critical for the initiation of bone formation and early angiogenesis OsteoGen® proven safe, reliable and clinically effective for use with implants for over 30 years
- Available in 3.0 gram (6.0cc), 1.5 gram (3.0cc) and 0.75 gram (1.5cc) vials
- Pack OsteoGen® very well into the defect site
- OsteoGen ® Vials have 6 Years of Shelf Life